Terms & Conditions
Please be advised that listed below are the guidelines on which this and all future events presented by Oz Comic-Con will adhere to.
1. Purchase of tickets to an event indicates acceptance of the Terms and Conditions as advised on Oz Comic-Con website. Terms and Conditions also apply to venue staff, Hub Productions staff, volunteers and freelance hirees, retailers and competition winners. Attendance of the event in any capacity constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. All Terms and Conditions apply unless Oz Comic-Con or DCA Enterprises specifically advise otherwise in writing.
2. It is unlawful to duplicate Oz Comic-Con tickets.
3. Each ticket admits one person to Oz Comic-Con. Purchase of ticket either via third party sales agent, or at the door, does not guarantee immediate access to the event. Admittance is subject to venue capacity as determined by venue management, and while tickets may be advertised as available at the door, they can only be sold until venue capacity is reached. Once venue capacity is reached, tickets can only be made available again on advice of venue management. In the case of multiple day tickets an inability to gain admittance to the event on one day does not entitle you to a refund for the entire ticket price.
4. General admission tickets fall under the provisions and terms and conditions of the applicable ticketing agent.
5. Unless otherwise stated, event & other tickets purchased directly from Oz Comic-Con are mailed out two weeks prior to an event via registered post. Should you miss the two week cut off period, or live outside of Australia, the tickets will be available for collection at the door. Should your tickets not arrive prior to the event, or are delayed for any reason, photo ID or your receipt will be required to enter the event and may be presented at the door for that purpose. Failure of tickets to arrive does not constitute a breach of these Terms and Conditions and does not warrant a refund, as entry can be made with your receipt or photo ID.
6. ID or e-mailed conformation will be required to collect tickets and tokens (photograph and autograph) at the door. Group tickets booked together will be mailed out to, or must be collected by, the individual who placed the booking.
7. A wristband will be provided on entry to the event to all ticket holders, complementary ticket holders, competition winners, vendors, special guests and staff. This wristband must not be removed for the duration of the event. Failure to display your wristband on request, will prevent you from accessing, or may result in your removal from, the event.
8. Tickets purchased at the door, if available, may be at a higher price.
9. We reserve the right to refuse ticket sales to individuals or to impose conditions on the sale of or means of payment for tickets.
10. a) All tickets are non refundable once purchased. In the case where an event is postponed, tickets will automatically be transferred to the newly announced convention date (please note that should ticket prices rise there will be no additional charge). Should you be unable to attend the event on the newly announced date your ticket will be rolled over to a future event.
b) In the case of event cancellation, your purchase will be refunded, or you may roll your ticket over to a future event. Ticket rollover is not available under any other circumstances.
c) Change of advertised guests due to work commitments or other circumstances does not qualify for ticket refunds. Please note that every effort will be made to replace the guests.
d) Further, DCA Enterprises reserves the right to change event dates in order to best suit the majority of the guests and attendees. As tickets are non-refundable should a guest cancel their appearance at an event, it is advisable not to purchase tickets based solely on the appearance on one guest.
e) In the case of extenuating circumstances, where Oz Comic-Con & DCA Enterprises choose, as a gesture of goodwill, to allow a ticket to be transferred from a non-cancelled event, the ticket holder is not entitled to a refund should the event to which the ticket has been transferred subsequently be cancelled. The ticket may only be rolled over to an alternative event, or held in credit towards a future event.
f) Photograph tokens and autograph tokens are non-refundable should you choose to leave before photograph and autograph sessions are complete for the event day and/or the event day comes to a close. Tickets are non-refundable should you choose to leave the event for any reason.
11. Attendees are responsible to make their own way to event locations. Oz Comic-Con & DCA Enterprises are not responsible for any transit costs to events and will not reimburse said costs in case of event postponement, cancellation, or change of venue. In the event of change of venue, Oz Comic-Con will endeavour to obtain a new venue within a reasonable distance of the original venue for the attendees' convenience, but makes no guarantees in this regard. Up to date details for each event will be made available via the Oz Comic-Con website, but the onus is on attendees to ensure that they are fully aware of venue, price, date and any other details pertaining to the event. Oz Comic-Con cannot be held accountable for failure of attendees to obtain up to date event details prior to the event.
12. Processing of orders through the Oz Comic-Con website can take up to two business days under normal circumstances. Upcoming or currently ongoing events may result in longer processing times.
13. Purchase of an Oz Comic-Con ticket and admission to the event constitutes an agreement to allow Oz Comic-Con, its agents, or assignees to use your image and/or likeness for advertising or promotion by Oz Comic-Con & DCA Enterprises by any media now known or hereafter devised.
14. In the event that a speciality ticket is named for a single guest and that guest cancels their appearance, the ticket in question will be cancelled and all ticket holders will receive a full refund.
Credit Card Transactions
All tickets or other items purchased through the Oz Comic-Con website, or at the event from Oz Comic-Con, via credit card will incur a transaction fee of 4.1% that will be added to the total of all items purchased and will be reflected in the receipt forwarded to the ticket purchaser. This fee does not apply to cash, money order, direct bank deposit and cheque payments. Transaction fees for Oz Comic-Con tickets purchased from other vendors, or for items purchased at the event from other vendors, will be determined and advised by said vendors.
1. Autographs are at the price listed on the specific event page (GST inc.) each, whether you choose to have a personal item ( that must be approved by staff) autographed, or select a photograph from the photo table.
2. Autograph tokens must be redeemed on the day of purchase. Missing the autograph sessions or choosing not to attend the autograph session for any reason doe not entitle you to a refund or to exchange your token for another day.
3. When you obtain an autograph, this is for your personal use only. Only the original autograph may be sold on. Reprints and facsimiles of the original are an infringement of copyright and may not be sold for profit.
4. Multiple autographs for each guests are available.
5. Autographs are limited and not guaranteed to be available to all attendees. Inability to purchase an autograph does not entitle you to a refund of admission.
1. When you obtain a professional photograph from Oz Comic-Con, this is for your personal use only. Only the original photograph may be sold on. Reprints and facsimiles of the original are an infringement of copyright and may only be obtained from the official Oz Comic-Con photographer.
2. Photograph tokens must be redeemed on the day of purchase. Missing the photograph sessions or choosing not to attend the photograph session for any reason does not entitle you to a refund or to exchange your token for another day.
3. Professional photograph sessions will be held with the Oz Comic-Con guests, unless specifically stated for individual guests. Photograph opportunities are available as per the specific event page. Please note these are limited.
4. Personal photos of the guests are strictly prohibited during the professional photograph session, or while in line in the autograph area.
5. When taking personal photographs at, or of, the event, please be conscious of traffic around you and do not block walkways for extended periods.
6. Please be considerate and ask before taking photographs of other attendees, guests, or staff.
7. As per the requests of guests' management, no photography is permitted during special VIP or Platinum functions, or dinner functions. Anyone caught using a camera, or any other device, such as mobile phones, to take pictures will receive one warning only. A second infraction will result in the attendee being removed from the event with no refund of their ticket.
8. Please note that all the photographs taken are for personal use only and not for commercial purposes.
9. Photographs are limited and not guaranteed to be available to all attendees. Inability to purchase a photograph does not entitle you to a refund of admission.
1. Video/audio recording of the event guests is strictly prohibited during the professional photograph and autograph sessions, and during all panels, workshops and seminars.
2. As per the requests of guests' management, no video/audio recording is permitted during special VIP or Platinum functions, or dinner functions.
3. Anyone caught using a video/audio recorder, or any other device, such as mobile phones, to record the guests during any of these prohibited events will receive one warning only. A second infraction will result in the attendee being removed from the event with no refund of their ticket.
1. No gifts are to be presented to guests whilst they are on stage or during the professional photograph sessions. Any gifts are to presented in the autograph line, once they have been approved by staff. Please note, you must have an autograph token to enter the autograph area.
1. Service and assistance animals are permitted in all public areas and at all times. No other animals will be permitted in convention space.
1. All children age 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult (18+) at all times.
1. A paid cloakroom will be provided for the checking of personal belongings or purchases made at the event. However, please note that any items checked at the cloakroom are left there entirely at the owner's risk. Oz Comic-Con can accept no responsibility for the loss of, or any damage to, these items. We strongly recommend that valuable items such as phones, wallets and purses are kept on your person at all times.
2. Oz Comic-Con is not responsible for any items left in the cloakroom at the close of the event on Sunday. Any such items will be left with the venue lost and found and must be collected from there.
3. Oz Comic-Con is not liable for missing belongings. Oz Comic-Con Lost and Found is located at the Oz Comic-Con Information Desk at the event.
Distribution of Fliers and Other Materials
1. There will be no distribution or fliers or other materials without prior approval of Oz Comic-Con. Fliers and other materials left in convention space without approval will be discarded.
1. The following behaviours are not allowed at Oz Comic-Con:
- Disruptive or unsafe behaviour that disturbs attendees, staff, guests, or exhibitors;
- Sleeping in convention space;
- Physical or verbal harassment of staff, guests, exhibitors, or other attendees;
- Destruction or defacement of property other than your own;
- Display of offensive signs;
- Sexual misconduct such as indecent exposure, offensive touching, or sexual harassment;
- Unwanted touching without permission of the individual;
- Any activity prohibited by law.
2. Amplified music is prohibited in convention space.
3. Dancing is not permitted in the Exhibitor Hall at any time. Dancing is not permitted in hallways or walkways. If you would like to dance, please do so outside in an open area that does not disrupt convention activity. The sole exception to this is when performing on stage during cosplay competition.
4. Oz Comic-Con reserves the right to confiscate signs from attendees if those signs are considered offensive or unreasonably disruptive to the event. Staff decisions in these matters are final.
5. The posting of signs is prohibited in all convention space.
6. Roller skates/blades may not be worn in event space. Skateboards, bicycles, scooters, segways and any other wheeled conveyances deemed disruptive or dangerous are also prohibited.
1. Oz Comic-Con is a family-friendly event. Please exercise modesty when wearing your costume. If Oz Comic-Con staff feel your costume is too revealing or offensive to other attendees, you may be asked to change. If you have questions about what is acceptable, please contact: email@example.com.
2. All cosplayers must have a clear line of sight while wearing their costumes.
3. Shoes are required to be worn while in event space. You may remove your shoes for photos if desired, but they must be replaced directly after the photo is taken.
4. If your costume has pieces that extend from it (wings, spikes, armor, etc.) or you are carrying a large prop, please be aware of your surroundings and of people around you. You may be asked to change your costume or remove your prop from convention space if it is found to be disruptive or dangerous.
5. Please do not block doorways, walkways, or exits with your costume, props, or costume pieces.
1. Alcohol is not permitted in the convention area - with the exception being the special VIP & Platinum functions, where it will only be provided to those over the legal drinking age. Please note certain special functions may not permit alcohol at all. Please refer to the individual events for specific alcohol policies for those events. Any persons who are intoxicated at the event will be removed.
2. Smoking is only allowed outside the event, in lawfully designated smoking areas.
1. Staves, bo sticks, bokken, shinai, and wooden swords are permitted. All fake, prop, or homemade weapons are permitted if they are in no way dangerous to attendees. Oz Comic-Con security staff will determine on a case-by-case basis whether a fake, prop, or homemade weapon is dangerous. Staff decisions will be final. Attendees are required to have all such weapons checked by Oz Comic-Con staff on entering the event. There will be a Weapons Checking Station located at or near the Oz Comic-Con Information Desk.
2. All weapons deemed unsafe by Oz Comic-Con security must be removed from the event or checked at the cloakroom at the attendees' expense. The skill or lack of skill of the person in possession of a prop weapon is irrelevant to the determination of whether or not it is dangerous.
3. Misuse of any prop weapon, such as swinging it in a public area or causing a hazard to attendees, will result in the weapon or prop being deemed unsafe for the convention. If a weapon or prop is deemed unsafe for the event due to misuse, it must be removed from the event or checked at the cloakroom at the attendees' expense.
4. Metal weapons of any kind are not permitted.
5. Bullwhips and other stockwhips are not permitted unless they are rolled up and secured at the Weapons Checking Station and remain that way during the event.
6. Wooden Paddles are not permitted.
7. Guns and projectile weapons are prohibited at Oz Comic-Con. Examples of guns and projectile weapons include but are not limited to working guns, pellet guns, BB guns, air guns, crossbows, dart guns, and blowguns. Replicas of guns or projectile weapons are permitted if they are easily identifiable as props. No ammunition of any kind is allowed in the event.
8. Nunchaku and other flail weapons are prohibited.
9. Incendiary devices are not permitted. All devices which spark, shoot flame, burn, smoulder, can otherwise cause combustion, or which exist for no purpose other than to be lit with a combustion device, are considered incendiary devices.
10. Illegal weapons are prohibited at Oz Comic-Con. Attendees found to be carrying illegal weapons will be immediately reported to appropriate authorities.
11. Concealed weapons are prohibited. All prop weapons must be carried in plain view and cannot be concealed.
12. Any prohibited weapons purchased or won as prizes at Oz Comic-Con must be securely packaged and immediately removed from the event or checked at the cloakroom at the attendees' expense. Such weapons are not to be taken out of their packaging or wrapping at any time on convention premises.
13. All permitted prop weapons purchased or won as prizes at the convention must be weapon checked by at the Weapons Checking Station if they are to be carried during the convention. Otherwise, they must be removed from the event or checked at the cloakroom at the attendees' expense.
VIP & Platinum Attendees
1. Please be advised that the special VIP and Platinum functions are open to all ages, but alcohol will under no circumstance be served to anyone who is underage. Further as this is a relaxed occasion, there are to be no requests for autographs or photographs during this time. Not all Oz Comic-Con guests are guaranteed to attend the event.
2. Under general circumstances, VIP panels are only accessible to VIP & Platinum ticket holders. However, should it become clear that a VIP panel will only be partially full (this determination is made at the discretion of event organisers), the panel may be opened up to general admission ticket holders. However, general admission ticket holders will only be permitted to sit in the rear half of the auditorium.
3. Should you believe you are not receiving/have not received any inclusions that the website and your ticket state you are entitled to while attending an event, you must report this to the event organisers at the event office during the event. If you fail to report this during the event, it may not be possible to substantiate and/or follow up on your claim.
Special Event Dinners
1. Any special dietary requirements must be advised on purchase of dinner tickets.
2. No physical tickets are sent. Instructions are emailed to attendees the week of the event. The onus is on the customer to follow up with DCA Enterprises should they not receive this information.
3. As this is a relaxed occasion, there are to be no requests for autographs or photographs during the dinners.
4. In the case of a dinner with two or more guests, should one or more guests have to be replaced due to cancellation, refunds are not warranted. Should one or more guests cancel and not be replaced, the maximum number of attendees will be reduced appropriately.
5. Inability to attend the dinner does not qualify for a refund.
6. Any special dietary requirements must be advised on purchase of dinner tickets.
7. No physical tickets are sent. Instructions are emailed to attendees the week of the event. The onus is on the customer to follow up with DCA Enterprises should they not receive this information.
8. As this is a relaxed occasion, there are to be no requests for autographs or photographs during the dinners.
9. In the case of a dinner with two or more guests, should one or more guests have to be replaced due to cancellation, refunds are not warranted. Should one or more guests cancel and not be replaced, the maximum number of attendees will be reduced appropriately.
10. Due to health reasons should a guest be unable to attend the dinner at the last moment or only attend for a short period of time this does not warrant a refund.