WHAT ARE ‘COOKIES’?
‘Cookies’ (also known as HTTP cookies, web cookies or browser cookies) are simply small pieces of data, which are stored as text files on your computer, whenever you visit certain websites. Their typical purpose is to help sites remember particular actions you may have done there in the past. For example, cookies may track when you have logged into a site, visited certain pages or clicked certain buttons.
- Remember when you have logged into a site.
- Remember your user preferences, searches and favorites.
- Track your usage of a site, via WebAbacus© and Google Analytics©.
- Track the success of our marketing campaigns. Additionally, RX websites have a small set of carefully selected third-party providers.
- Target more relevant advertisements to you (DoubleClick™, 6-degrees©)
- Enable social media sharing (AddThis©, Facebook©, Twitter©, YouTube©)
- Ensure better service delivery (Ooyala®) You can view a full list of all cookies used by RX websites in the “What cookies do we use and why?” section.
ARE COOKIES HARMFUL?
Despite this, if you do wish to disable or remove cookies, please see the “Help” section of your browser or mobile device. Each browser or device handles the management of cookies differently, so you will need to refer to your appropriate “Help” documentation. However, as mentioned, please be aware that cookies are essential for certain features of an RX site to work properly.
WHY ARE WE TELLING YOU THIS?