Oz Comic-Con + Universal Pictures – Mortal Engines Promotion
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents [aged 18 years or over].
- Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st
- Promotion opens at 1/11 on and final entries close at 18/11 (“Promotional Period”). All times are AEST or AEDST, as applicable in New South Wales, Australia.
- To enter, the entrant must during the Promotional Period complete the following steps: Complete and submit the Mortal Engines Promotion entry form on Oz Comic-Con website.
- Individuals who have entered any of the promotions listed below previously run by the Promoter, and have not opted out, will also be awarded one (1) automatic entry into this promotion
- By entering this promotion, individuals agree that they may be automatically entered into future promotions conducted by the Promoter, as specified in the Terms and Conditions of any such future promotions. Individuals can opt out of automatic entry by contacting the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- The draw will take place between 12/11 and 18/11 at the Promoter’s office, 2/475 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood NSW 2065. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Within two (2) business days of the draw, the winner/s will be notified in writing with instructions on how to claim their prize.
- Winner/s name/s will be published at facebook.com/ozcomiccon between 12/11 and 18/11.
- The first 180 valid entries selected, from all valid entries received, will win a double pass to the Fan Screening of Mortal Engines in Sydney, valued at approximately AUD $150.00.
- One (1) valid entry each from Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth will be awarded return flights and one (1) night’s accommodation for two (2) people to attend the Fan Screening in Sydney and must be eligible to travel between Wednesday 21st November and Thursday 22nd
- If a winner of any prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take or claim a prize (or an element of a prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner is unable to travel, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- The total prize pool value is valued at approximately AUD $32,000.
- Prize/s, or any unused portion of a prize, are/is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. Without limiting this clause, for example, the Promoter may publish, link and/or tag winners via its social media.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to the instructions of any regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing [the competition website] [Facebook] or [Instagram] or [Twitter] is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including their respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) use of a prize.
- Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at facebook.com/terms.php. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
- Entry and continued participation in the Promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Twitter Rules, which can be found at twitter.com/articles/18311-the-twitter-rules. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Twitter. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this Promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Twitter. Twitter will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the Promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law
- Entry and continued participation in the Promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Instagram Rules, which can be found at http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this Promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Instagram. Instagram will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the Promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The Promoter is Reed Exhibitions Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 47 000 146 921) of 2/475 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood NSW 2067. Telephone: 02 9422 2500.
NSW Permit No. LTPM/18//02829 ACT Permit No. TP18/00407
FOR LOTTERY DEPARTMENT’S REFERENCE ONLY:
First potential commencement date: 1/11/2018
Last potential closing date: 18/11/2018
Last potential draw date: 19/11/2018
Last potential publication date: 19/11/2018
Last potential unclaimed prize draw date: 19/11/2018
Last potential unclaimed prize publication date: 19/11/2018
- The total prize pool is capped at $100,000
- No prohibited prizes will be given away
For the purpose of the NSW & ACT Lottery Department prizes may include, but are not limited to, the following examples:
Flights – $600-$700
Accommodation – $300-$400
Movie Tickets – $75.00
For the purpose of the NSW & ACT Lottery Department entry mechanics may include, but are not limited to, the following examples:
- To enter, individuals must visit http://ozcomiccon.com/mortal-engines, answer the question and enter the requested details [including full name, telephone number etc. the last/first.
- To be eligible to enter, individuals must receive an email (“eDM”) from the Promoter regarding this promotion. Then to enter, individuals must click on the promotional link contained within the eDM, follow the prompts to the promotion entry page, input the requested details and submit.